I knew it was coming. You can't work 4 1/2 years in a hospice facility and not recognize the signs of impending death. She went 30 days (30 DAYS!) without food, although she was drinking fluids; she was somewhat anxious and agitated; slept alot; had difficulty breathing, among other signs. So yes, I knew it was coming, but I'm still sad.She moved back to Colorado a few years ago, and it was a pleasure to see her nearly every week either at church or at my Uncle Jim and Aunt Diana's home, where she lived. She would always tell me how proud she was of me, that I had beautiful children (who she delighted in watching move about noisily during church), and that she loved me. I know she didn't say those things to everyone, so I will always cherish the fact that she was able to say them to me.
The Gwenn Maxwell FamilyJuly 2009
(Each generation is in a different color T-shirt. It's amazing how large families grow in just a few generations.)
I know Grandma is in a better place. Grandma JC has been waiting for her, and I am sure they have had a beautiful reunion. Levi asked me this morning if he will get to meet Grandpa when he dies. I told him yes, and am truly comforted by my belief that families are forever - we WILL see our loved ones again and once again hear those cherished words, "I am so proud of you."
I'll miss you Grandma.
1 comment:
I'm sorry you're sad, hun. Hang in there. And please remember to call me if you need help surrounding the upcoming company and funeral. Love you. ~m
Post a Comment