Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Poet - and I Didn't Know It

The kindergarten recently hosted a "Coffeehouse Poetry Reading." Each child wrote a poem for the occasion. Here's Levi's poem - The Zoo.

Prior to the activity, they were each recorded reading their poem, which was played when their poem was up on the big screen. They stood up and enjoyed the "spotlight" for a moment. Levi is standing on the far right listening to his voice recite the poem he wrote. I thought it was a great way to do it - no shy kiddos because all they had to do was stand and receive snap-applause.

They all looked so cute in their black clothes, which were just "like poets wear" (at least that is what Levi tells me).

Lexi's teacher let her sneak out of class for an hour to enjoy the poems and support her brother.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my gosh... can he be any cuter?

So glad to see you blogging again! I've missed you!

emily said...

that is so adorable and such a great idea. i love it. i love levi's "poet look" too. just too cute. and the poem is pretty awesome.

Lucky Larson's said...

Awesome activity! How fun!! Such cute kids!!

Mindy said...

Cute! Looks like he loved it! And what a proud big sister. I love his poem. :) YTheir school always does such fun, cretive things!