Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Monday, July 5, 2010

75 Days of Summer Fun #22 - Independence Day

This year our 4th of July included 3 things - rain, swimming, and more rain. Oh, wait, that's only two things...

We went to my brother-in-law's for a BBQ after church. Paul and the kids didn't mind the cold and rain and they swam anyway. I did not...too cold for me.


We attempted to go see fireworks. We got in the car. We drove. We waited. It started raining, again. We sat some more. It rained harder. It got windy. We saw a few random fireworks, but never saw "THE" show. Just a black, dark sky. We left. Bummer. I LOVE fireworks.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I love that picture of Haley and Lexi! Such beautiful girls! Sounds like kind of a drab weekend. I love fireworks too. I watched ours out my back window after the boys were asleep. And they were close enough that I could here the music too!