Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Friday, August 27, 2010

The First Day of School August 16, 2010

Another year of school... our summer went by way too fast for my taste, although it was filled with so much fun that I couldn't keep up on my blog. Now it's back to the grind... for the kids and for me.
Levi with his 1st grade teacher, Ms. Kourtney Cavallerro

Lexi with her 3rd grade teacher, Ms. Jenna Peecher


The first day of school was easy. The kids picked out their clothes. We packed lunches. We combed hair and brushed teeth (which, I am ashamed to say does not always happen). We made it to school BEFORE the first bell. It was easy...until Levi started to cry.

I have no idea what has gotten into him, but we are having severe separation anxiety...and it's not even kindergarten! First grade! The school psychologist sometimes meets us at his classroom to help, tells me this is normal, he's fine, but I can't stand it. I don't like walking away from my crying child, but that is what "they" tell me to do. So I do, and then I go to my car and cry too. This could be a long school year...

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh, poor Levi. I hate to see him sad.

I love their outfits though, they look super cute!

emily said...

awwww, i'm sorry. that makes it so hard on a mom! but i'm sure he was fine - right? :) they are adorable kiddos.