Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Childhood Friend

So, I way behind on my blog (not near as far behind as I am on our scrapbooks though!)...
About a month ago, we had my dear childhood friend Jen Buckwalter and her daughter Emma over for dinner and conversation. It was so good to see them! Jen and I have known each other since before we were in utero, I guess you could say. Our parents were good friends and so naturally we grew up being good friends. Jen is one of those people that it doesn't matter that it has been 5 years since we last talked, we manage to pick right up and reconnect. I just love her! Jen is just finishing nursing school so we talked about how much "fun" that is. We talked about our families and what our plans are for the summer.

It was a really nice evening...even if my dinner was HORRIBLE!!!! I am usually a good cook, but let's just say this: that rice, artichoke, tomato, chicken crockpot dinner I created did NOT turn out the way I planned. Bummer. I hate it when that happens.

Here are a couple "blast from the past" pictures of the two of us...

No comments: