This was the conversation yesterday as we pulled up to school:
Lexi - Mom. (in that tone that says something is wrong)
Mom - What?
Lexi - We had a test yesterday in school... A writing test... (she said this rather mysteriously)
Mom - How did you do?
Lexi - I think I got a B!
Mom - (thinking in my brain, as Lexi would say - Do they give B's in 1st grade, and in the 3rd week of school?) I am sure you did just fine. You are a terrific writer. Just remember to sound out the words you want to write, and make your best letters so that Mr. H. can read your writing.
Lexi - I know... (in that tone of voice that says, "Mom, you tell me that all the time.")
Later, as we are waiting in line with her class, her teacher comes up and joins the conversation.
Mr H - Lexi, you did excellent on your writing yesterday. (and then to me) She is doing so good!
Mom - See, Lexi, I told you that you had nothing to worry about. (and then to Mr. H) She was worried she got a B on her writing test.
Mr H - Lexi, I had to choose 1 writing sample to take to a meeting today and I chose yours! (Lexi stands there with a shy, satisified grin on her face)
Mom - Awesome!
Mr H - (to me) Most of the kids wrote 3-4 sentences. Lexi wrote 12!
My daughter, the writer...She makes me so proud!!!
1 comment:
oh, i bet she makes you proud. how sweet.
i'm now going to check out some of her writings. how fun!
Post a Comment