Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Thursday, September 4, 2008

Table Talk leads to new blog

I stole this idea from my sister...


Every night at dinner we do what we call "Table Talk." This entails one person spending hours during the day thinking of a probing question to ask the rest of the family during dinner, and then the family spending several suspenseful moments digging down deep to come up with a life-changing and mind-altering answer. Well, ok...so that's an exaggeration...questions this week have included, "What is your favorite kind of ice cream?" (from Lexi) and "If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?" (from Mom).


When I posed that question to Lexi, she said, "I would be an elephant, because if I were an elephant then I would be writing about me!" (accompanied by a deep. beautiful belly laugh). Uh, ok, what? you ask.


Let me explain. Lexi is an author. A couple of times a week she writes a new story, and illustrates it, too. We go through REAMS of paper! So, I got to thinking...and now I have created a blog just for Lexi's stories. If you want to see the story behind the elephant comment above, check out my new blog, "Loads of Laughs by Lexi," at storiesbylexi.blogspot.com. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I can't wait to read all of Lexi's stories! What a fun idea! You're right, she does love to write - and she is good at it!