I am a patriotic person. I LOVE America! And so I was deeply moved as I drove to my exercise class this morning to see the street was lined with American flags.
that I took driving down Littleton Blvd. this morning.)
Like most of you, I vividly remember September 11, 2001. I woke up that morning to Paul yelling at me to come look at the TV. I sat there in astonishment at the second plane hit the second tower of the World Trade Center. As events unfolded during the day, I remember praying, "Please don't let my baby be born today!" Lexi was due on the 5th, then my due date was moved to the 12th, and I remember how badly I wanted her to stay right where she was - all safe and snuggly.
I am so grateful to live in a free land. A country where we can vote for our nation's leaders; where we can worship as we choose, and have as many children as we choose, and go to school and work and the grocery store... On this day and always, may we remember the patriots who continually make that possible and keep us safe. Patriots like my brother-in-law Russ (pictured below), who is a firefighter and paramedic. Thank you Russ (and thank you Mindy for sharing him with the rest of us)!
I am so grateful to live in a free land. A country where we can vote for our nation's leaders; where we can worship as we choose, and have as many children as we choose, and go to school and work and the grocery store... On this day and always, may we remember the patriots who continually make that possible and keep us safe. Patriots like my brother-in-law Russ (pictured below), who is a firefighter and paramedic. Thank you Russ (and thank you Mindy for sharing him with the rest of us)!
May we never forget how blessed we are to live in this great land. God bless America!An American flag flies at half-staff on a cold, cloudy September 11, 2008.
No comments:
Post a Comment