Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Sunday, February 8, 2009

Living Legends of Aviation 2009

Paul went to LA a couple of weeks ago for the annual Living Legends of Aviation Awards Gala. I was really sad not to go...what woman doesn't love getting dressed up, walking a red carpet for dozens of cameras, and eating a scrumptious meal in the Beverly Hilton Hotel? But, alas, I had school, so I took the responsible road and went to school instead.
Paul enjoyed meeting Harrison Ford for the first time, and spent a good deal of time showing him around the event.

He also enjoyed visiting with Morgan Freeman, a long-time family friend. Morgan was enroute to South Africa to film a movie about Mandela, and Paul tried to convince him to let him go along (that is where Paul served his mission). Unfortunately, Morgan already had an assistant once he got there...the personal secretary of Mandela. Bummer...

If you happen to be interested in aviation, and just movie stars like me, there are lots of other great pictures at www.photobucket.com/2009LivingLegendsofAviationgroupalbum.

4 comments:

Seth Jenson said...

nice shots. go paul!

Alicia said...

That's pretty dang awesome.

Hilary and Evan Biddulph said...

Wow..Harrison Ford has a weird expression there...yikes!

Mindy said...

I am soo jealous. But you already knew that. Weren't you going to take me with you this year? What ever happened to that? IF they do it next year, I am SO going! (Because I am totally into aviation, of course.)