Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our Garden Beds

We started working on our garden beds Memorial Day weekend... We made a trip to Home Depot for the wood and part of our soil mix (I make Mel's Mix from Square Foot Gardening. It's fool proof.)

The before shot...we have a lot of work to do in our yard, as you can see.

During...One bed part way done...

but alas, we had rain, and more rain, and more rain. So we didn't get them finished, as life is just TOO busy during the week for construction projects.

It took two weeks to get them done...

We have put flagstone stepping stones around the garden, to help with the mud that inevitably follows a yard lacking in healthy grass. But even now, 3 1/2 weeks later, they still aren't planted. Oh well...maybe this weekend.

I suppose I could look on the bright side - at least they will be ready for next summer's planting. :)

No comments: