Actually it was a beautiful fall evening... You know the kind - where you need a jacket, but not a coat, where the wind is gentle and the air is fresh? That describes last night perfectly.
We went to a fall event with the Daisy Girl Scouts (and older Scouts, too) at the Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield. We had a potluck dinner of BBQ Chicken sandwiches and all the fixin's. Then we ventured into the depths of the corn maze.
The maze from the air.
Can you find us in here?
Silly Mom forgot the flashlights, but she did remember the glow sticks,
so Lexi and Levi took 5 minute turns leading us through the twists, turns and tunnels of the corn maze. Neither of the kids were sure if they liked it, but once we let them lead the way and turn which ever direction they wanted, the maze became a whole new adventure. We made it through in just over an hour, although somehow we came out of the half-way point twice... It was nearly impossible to follow the map they gave us.
We had a lot of fun trying something new, and I think we may have just found a new fall tradition...


4 comments:
Sounds like a fun night, except for the corn maze. I get so freaked out in those things, maybe I just don't have the patience. And kudos for even doing it in the dark!
and a fun fall tradition at that. i love fall and all the "fallish" things that come with it.
FALL is my favorite time of year but I can't say that I can relate to the cold weather. We are still in the 80's here. It is Vegas Fall but I love it just the same. I love everything about it.
FUN! I've never been to any corn maze, where have I been??? Bummer you won't be there Friday, we'll miss you!
Post a Comment