Once or twice a year Lexi participtes in cheerleading camp at one of the high schools near our home. This fall she attended the Heritage Future Cheers Camp. She loves learning new cheers and a fun dance, but most of all she loves performing at the football games.


Unfortunately, this year it was about 30 degrees and cold and raining and cold and wet... Oh, and did I mention cold? (Last year it was 100 degrees...maybe next year we can find a happy medium.)

Even though it was only 2:00 in the afternoon, the stadium lights shined down brightly on a halftime score of 50 to 0 (at what point do they stop the misery?).

In spite of the cold, Lexi smiled and cheered...


and occasionally got distracted by the marching band (which I would have enjoyed much more if I hadn't been anxious to leave after the cheerleaders did their dance).

Of course, I must admit, that I didn't sit for 2 hours in the cold and rain (only 1 hour). Paul and Levi took Lexi and sat there for an hour before I showed up as I was teaching a workshop on card making at a church enrichment activity. Paul and Levi deserve all the credit...
2 comments:
Poor Lexi looks so cold in some of those pictures! That is so disappointing when fun events turn out that way, but if I know Lexi, she probably still loved the part where she got to perform!
That was such a freezing day! Lexi looked so cute, I hope I get a chance to see her cheer in the future.
Post a Comment