We were so excited that Avery and Deana came into town for the weekend. If you remember from this post, http://lipsfamily.blogspot.com/2008/08/best-friends-forever.html, Avery is Lexi's best friend that I babysat 5 days a week for 5 years. She is a delight and a dear part of our family.
Thursday when we got to school, Avery and Deana were in the preschool room where we were dropping off Levi. Lexi ran to Avery and lept into her arms (I'm not kidding...I wish I had the camera at that moment!) and wrapped her arms and legs around Avery. They were both giggling and happy. I hugged Deana and immediately started crying....I miss them both, too!
I spent a few hours that day with Deana, going to an appointment and then to lunch at Panera. Hmmm...I love Broccoli Cheddar soup!
We finished off with a browse through Kirkland's Home, one of my favorite home stores. For those of you near a Kirkland's store, here is a link to a $10 off $50 purchase coupon...I am going to use it to buy my birthday present from Mom & Dad!
Friday morning Deana brought Avery to our house for the day. I let Lexi take a "mental health day," as her teacher says. The girls played (and tolerated Levi getting in the way) all morning and then we headed out the door to High School Musical 3.
We are big fans of HSM around here. Considering it was only 10:30 in the morning, I was shocked that the 10:30 show and 4:30 show were already sold out. We got into the 11:15 show, and it was nearly full...Don't you people go to school?
That night we went to the Spooktacular Boo Ball (another post will follow) at school and then Avery spent the night. It was REALLY hard to say goodbye to Deana and Avery Saturday morning. Once again I was crying, but what makes it most difficult for me, is how affected Lexi is. She cried and cried...
Until next time our dear friends!!


No comments:
Post a Comment