Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa Dave!

For my dad's birthday gift we joined forces with my brother and sister-in-law to do some yard work. Dad had cut down a TON of dead aspen trees in his back yard which were quickly becoming a bonfire-to-be. We cleaned all of that out of that out and worked on the front yard for a while. I wish I would have thought to take pictures sooner, especially one of the loaded to capacity truck that Paul, my brother, Matt, and my dad took to the dump.

Lexi raked and raked until she hurt all over.

Levi decided that instead of a policeman he would like to be a garbage man. All the way home he kept asking, "How do I get to be a trash man, Mom?" "What do I have to do?"

My sister-in-law, Layna, who was probably responsible for thinking up our morning of work... Thanks, Layna! :)

We definitely had to get a picture of Mom doing yard work - it's not exactly her forte.

We even managed to Mason, the foreman of the project, to pitch in by holding garbage bags for us.

Now... I am wondering when it is our turn to have a little yard work done? Paul's birthday is coming up...hint, hint...

1 comment:

Laynalou3 said...

I am impressed by your documenting skills. You even captured the rare footage of the GJ (Grandma Jill) doing hard labor! Bravo!