Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to School Fun

We have made it through 2 weeks of school! (pat on the back) I love summer, but I really look forward to the kids going back to school. I have been working out and have been enjoying a little time to myself. It is strange, however, that the laundry doesn't get done any faster than when the kids are home. Why is that? Oh, maybe because I HATE laundry! Anyway, I digress...

We have had a couple of fun outings this week. Friday night the school hosted a BBQ and movie night. We loaded up our camping chairs and picnic blanket and headed over to the school for some fun...and all the while, the rain gods had other plans. About an hour after we got there the thunder and lightning started in earnest, and since Lexi is TERRIFIED of both, we headed home. And none too soon, because as we were driving away, the heavens opened with a downpour. We had invited one of Lexi's friends to come over if she wanted, and when it started raining she and her mom took us up on the offer. Long story short: we enjoyed an evening at home, eating popsicles and watching Ratatouille.



I took the kids to the Old Tyme Fair at Belleview Park last Saturday, where the kids got fitted for new bike helmets. Once again the sky clouded over far too quickly, so we missed the pony rides and corn on the cob. Oh well - we can make up for that tomorrow at A Taste of Colorado!




1 comment:

Mindy said...

Sounds like your school does some fun stuff. I love that picture of Levi in his helmet!