Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Friday, August 29, 2008

The Wearings

For those of you who don't know my family, I have some pretty talented brothers (and sister). All 3 of the boys play and write music, and like me, have mostly taught themselves. To give you an idea of the extent of their talent - I have been "working on" learning to play the guitar for 2 years now, and they all picked up a guitar and could play instantly! (And I am not talking about Guitar Hero...)

The other night my mom and I went to hear Mark, the middle of the 3, who is 19, play at the Oriental Theater downtown. It is one of those old movie houses that now allows the next generation of musicians to try out their stuff on people who are mostly too drunk to notice that most of the music is bad. Fortunately for us, there were only 3 HORRIBLE bands before Mark and The Wearings took to the stage. They played 5 or 6 songs, all of which they have written themselves. Mark plays piano and is lead vocals. They are awesome (and, no, I was not drunk)! I must say that I was one proud big sister!

Here's a couple of pics of Mark and the band...Check out their My Space page that includes demos of some of their songs - www.myspace.com/thewearings.


Mark on the piano
The Wearings
(Mark, Robbie, Harrison, Mike)

3 comments:

Kate said...

Having been your roommate, Megan, I really must vouch for your talent here. You are a phenomenal dancer! I watched you clog and folk dance at BYU and it's nothing to sneeze at! On top of that, you're a great cook. I just had to put in a good word for you, my friend!

Mark said...

Thanks for the tip-o-the-hat, Megan. We appreciate it!

Mindy said...

I like the little side note (and sister) - though I'm not really sure about the talented part. So jealous you got to see Mark's band perform. Maybe they will come to Utah next year when they go on tour...