Today I went to the school for the annual Mission Statement Assembly. Each class writes a mission statement and reads it, sings it, acts it out, etc. for the rest of the school. It was a lot of fun!
Levi's class all wore bee hats and sang about "Bee responsible, Bee respectful, Bee safe."
Levi's class all wore bee hats and sang about "Bee responsible, Bee respectful, Bee safe."
Lexi's class sang a song to the tune of Eensy Weensy Spider about how great it is to be a 1st grader. Her teacher played the piano while they sang - I knew I liked him!
The assembly closed with a flag ceremony outside and a tribute to the mission of our nation, which, according to the principal, is all about kids. I smiled a lot this morning!
So, in response to my moving morning at the elementary school, I was thinking, maybe I should write my own mission statement. When I was a kid, we had the "Dave Maxwell Family Mission Statement." It went like this:
M = Mastery of Self
A = Abundance Mentality
X = eXcellence in all Endeavors
W = Wisdom in Choices
E = Esteem for Self and Others
L = Loyalty to God and Family
L = Love of All
What do you think about one of these for my current mission statement?
"Make it from sun up to sun down, each and every day, without being sent to the insane asylum."
-or-
"Get out of bed, take the kids to school, then take a nap every day."
-or-
"Do the dishes at least once a week, and do the laundry when there are absolutely no clean clothes in the house."
Boy, what lofty goals I have for myself! Seriously though...for those who know me well, you know that my mantra is "Live well. Laugh often. Love much." This pretty much sums up the way I try to live. I am not always the best at it, but I do want to live that way. I want to make good choices, laugh a lot, and serve others. That is me...and it is all over my house as proof.


3 comments:
Hey, I have a sign in my house with the same Live, Laugh and Love thing. Those are some pretty important things! Fun day at school for you and the kids.
I have always loved that Maxwell Family Mission Statement. Like yours too!
all over your house. . . and all over you. you do a great job in fulfulling your goals, i would say. :)
Post a Comment