Levi and Lexi in front of Mark Hopkins Elementary
School started yesterday (August 19) for both Lexi and Levi. After a lot of thought and prayer, I decided that both kids should go to the same school, where Lexi has been for 3 years now (2 years of preschool and kindergarten). Lexi is in the 1st grade, with Mr. H. as her teacher. She says he is VERY funny, and "by the way, Mom, did you know he is color blind, too!?" She knows all of the kids in her class, "except for one new person, but I'm sure I'll know them soon. I know everyone in the whole school." She is so confident and sure of herself.I LOVE her toothless grin!
Levi is starting his 3rd year of preschool, this year with teacher who taught Lexi and know us well. I know that 3 years of preschool sounds like a lot, but when you consider all that the little man has been through, 3 years is probably about right. Recovering from brain surgery isn't all that easy, and when you take into account that he had a stroke, a brain infection, and loss of vision in both eyes, we have done all that we can to help him be successful. He loves going to school, and is especially excited this year to be going to the same school as Lexi.
Hanging up his backpack on his "very own" hook.
Haley headed home to Las Vegas on Sunday. She starts school next Monday. I find it hard to believe that she is starting middle school! Heather, does that mean we are getting old? We all miss Haley when she is not with us, especially Levi who asks every hour or so when she is coming home and who is going to pick her up. He is always concerned about that. Hopefully Haley's mom will send a picture or two of her first day so that I can post them for everyone to see.
Along with a new school year comes the usual chaos of cleaning out drawers and closets, and getting organized after a busy summer. The kids weren't too happy last week when Mrs. Gunny Man came for a visit. Mr. Gunny Man just picks up the toys and hides them for 2 weeks and then gives them back. Mrs. Gunny Man, on the other hand, makes the kids put everything away, where it goes! Oh no, heaven forbid! Every Lego, car, Little People toy, game piece, marker, crayon, etc. gets put away with the hope that maybe it will stay that way for a little while. Of course, Mrs. Gunny Man didn't make it through the bedrooms, so she is going to be at work for a while today and tomorrow while the kids are at school. She kind of likes working alone - that way the kids can't fight her over what is "donated" (aka thrown away in the trash!). Mrs. Gunny Man is also working on new chore charts...won't the kids be so happy!?


4 comments:
Cute pictures Megan, they look so happy to be in school. That's awesome that Lexi knows everybody in her school :)
Lexi is so cute with no teeth. Levi will do great. How fun that they get to go to the same school!
Very fun! You guys started early. I would have to say that I am choosing not to think about how old we are now that we have a middle schooler! I am in denial. I will send some pics as soon as we get some tomorrow.
they are so darn cute! such big kids. here's wishing them a happy and good school year!
Post a Comment