Happy New Year! I love the start of the new year...the optimism about as yet unaccomplished goals; the hope for living better and being better. Oh, and I love the stomach flu...yep, that's the start to our year. I was sick on New Year's Eve, and Lexi was sick on New Year's Day. Joyful...that's my effort at being positive and optimistic.
We did manage to have some fun, even with our queasy tummies...
We went to "Noon Year's Eve" at the Children's Museum.
I absolutely refuse to pay to go into that place...and especially when half of Denver's children are there...but we enjoyed being outside and had fun. There was a new year's countdown, a ball drop, and fireworks (aka 200 children running onto and jumping on a huge piece of bubble wrap)! The kids played in sand tubs and explored the playground. The weather was beautiful!
We spent quite a while playing Rock Band together when we got home. Lexi is quite good on the drums and as the singer! I am attempting guitar songs on "hard" and keep failing - but I keep trying (another attempt at optimism). We also played Scene It! on our XBox, which was a gift to Paul from my parents for Christmas. It is amazing how many points you can score by simply guessing...Levi nearly beat us, and he can't read and hasn't seen many of the movies...
I spent the rest of the day in bed... Everyone was in bed by 10 on New Year's Eve.
I got up on New Year's Day (around 9am), and was feeling a little better, so I made German pancakes and sausage for breakfast. We drank our sparkling cider that was for the night before, and then played more Rock Band and just hung out together.
Paul went with his family and some friends to play Snooker, a family tradition, while I hung out with the kids. We watched Kung Fu Panda and filled my bed with popcorn crumbs. A couple of Paul's brothers and some friends came over for a couple of hours after Snooker and we all played Scene It! again.
We didn't have to sleep with popcorn crumbs for long because Lexi came into our room about 1am and promptly emptied her stomach on our bed and on the carpet. I hate being sick, but hate seeing my kids sick even more.
So, that is our welcome to 2009!
"God only knows what the year might contain,
but now it is here, and we are all beneath it."
(from Eat Pray Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert)
3 comments:
I'm so glad ya'll had some fun even with being sick. A few years ago we had a Noon Day Party for the kids. We had a blast too.
Sorry you were sick...it seems like the flu is running rampant this year and I hope you all feel 100% better soon! Happy new Year!
Cody randomly threw up on new year's eve. Weird. Sounds like you huys hd some fun though! Corbin and I went to see Bedtime stories, but that's about it. Wish we could have played Scene It and Rock Band with you!
Post a Comment