Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Second Day of Christmas - Lexi gets her tonsils out

On of the highlights of our year was when Lexi got her tonsils out in January. She had strep throat 8 times over a year and half and it was time...and I was done! It felt like we were in the doctor's office every month from October to April. Oh wait! That's right, we were! I am happy to report that she has not had strep once since her tonsils were removed (although Levi is on antibiotics right now for it...I hope we are starting the same routine with another child!).

The fashionista was not happy with her outfit for the day...but loved the slippers that her friend Avery gave her!

A self-portrait of Mommy and daughter. Lexi was starting to feel a little groggy from the medication they were giving her. Isn't she cute?
This stuff makes me feel weird!

Bye Mom! Be brave.

Lexi didn't wake up too happy...she can be dramatic over a paper cut and so getting her tonsils out was huge for her!

Daddy and Lexi snuggled while she struggled to wake up.

2 comments:

emily said...

awwwww, she is such an adorable patient!

Mindy said...

Poor girl! I thought her outfit looked really cute - better than all the other hospital gowns I've seen. I'm sure she will be much happier now with her tonsils out - less strep hopefully!