Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 14 - Snow

We finally got our first snow...the kind I like - it sticks to the grass, but not to the street!

The kids on the way to school this morning.

I am thankful for snow, at least the kind I like. I love the way snow looks when it has just fallen. I love the way the air feels crisp and fresh. I love playing in it with my kids. I love that it make the earth look new and clean (except along the busy streets where it looks extra dirty!). I love that it means I don't have to feel guilty drinking hot chocolate. I love that it means Christmas is on the way, and I love the Christmas season - music, family, food, gifts, and most importantly, the Savior!


Too bad the snow in our yard only lasted 6 hours...It is all melted now.


Which I suppose is ok, since we are going to the BYU/Air Force Academy football game tomorrow.... I much prefer football in the sun!


In any case, I am thankful for the snow today. We have had such a long, moisture-less fall, that I didn't think our grass would make it once we had our sprinkler system turned off..

1 comment:

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

I am jealous! I am hoping for some snow while we are in Germany.