Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 17 - Sundays

I am thankful for Sundays! I used to work every Sunday at the hospice, but don't anymore, so this gratitude is newly discovered. For several years I would go to church, come home, make lunch for the family, change into my scrubs, take a 1/2 hour nap and then head to work. For the last 6 months, I have come to appreciate and cherish Sunday. Here are some of the reasons why (in no particular order):
  • I love having a day where the only place that I really need to be is church. No errands to run. No kids to pick up from school.
  • I get to spend time hanging out with my husband and kids. It is important to have a day to reconnect and refocus after a long week and in preparation of another long week.

  • I indulge in some of my hobbies - scrapbooking, cardmaking, napping, playing board games, reading. None of these happen very often during the week, so Sunday is the perfect day to spend a little time enjoying my favorite hobbies.

  • I don't feel guilty leaving a kitchen full of dirty dishes. I basically take a day off from picking up after the kids and husband. I do cook, but I often leave all the dishes for the next morning. Take a look at these pictures I took this morning. And, bear in mind this is AFTER I had loaded the dishwasher once...

And after loading it twice...

Sometimes progress is slow...

I suppose this should really be about how thankful I am for dishwashers!

No comments: