Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day 19 - Walmart

Yes, believe it or not, I am thankful for Walmart (have you noticed that they took the hyphen out their name?)!

All child labor in foreign countries aside and ignoring the fact that it often puts small businesses out of business, I am thankful to have a place that is cheaper than the grocery store. They truly are everywhere, making it convenient for multiple trips each week!

What started this flow of gratitude, you ask? Well, I went to the King Soopers today to pick up a few things left on my list for Thanksgiving dinner. I also needed to get some oven cleaner, because I am out, and quite frankly, I don't want to smell my stinky oven all day when I am cooking for Thanksgiving.

At the grocery store, one can of Easy Off Max Fume Free was $6.39! What? My oven doesn't need cleaning that bad! So, what did I do? I chose between 3 Walmarts, all within about 5 miles, and headed to Walmart, where I bought 2 cans for less than one can at the grocery store.

I also love walking in and hearing a cheerful, "Good Morning!" and leaving to a "Come back and visit us soon!" Let's face it...they don't do that at Target!


1 comment:

MerileeAshton said...

I love Walmart too! I know people have their reasons for hating it, but quite frankly, when a new store opens and 9,000 people apply...dude, they can't be that bad.

Personally I prefer not paying twice as much for stuff. I only wish one was closer.