Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day 27 - Parades

I am my Grandma's granddaughter...I LOVE parades! I look forward to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade every fall, and spend Thanksgiving morning flipping channels between it and other parades. I have told my husband on numerous occasions that if he wants to make me really happy some year, he'll take me to NYC to see the parade in person (along with some shopping and Broadway muscials).

I don't know where my passion for parades started, but I think I always loved them. Maybe it was my first (and only) trip to DisneyLand when I was 3 that started the love affair? In any case, I am grateful for the laughter and fun that parades bring and I am excited to head downstairs in a bit to enjoy them on this cold, cloudy Thanksgiving Day.
Hope you have a happy Turkey Day!
I mean...Turkey Day!

Better yet...eat both!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

karen★ said...

I have to admit that I used to hate parades...but ever since I got married Seth (who absolutely loves parades too) has brought a new sense of appreciation for parades into our home. Let me know when you do the whole NY thing for thanksgiving...Seth and I just decided we need to actually be there someday for the thanksgiving day parade and the other stuff that goes along with it...maybe we will see you there!