Haley isn't with us that often, and right now I am in serious Haley withdrawal, but when she is, she is a spark of peace and tenderness in our home. She has a gentle spirit and is kind to others. She makes the most of the difficult situation life has presented her with, and thrives in spite of step-parents and half-siblings, two homes and being in 6th grade (that is surely one of the most traumatic thing anyone endures!). I am always grateful when she is able to talk to me, and tell how she really feels, without worrying about hurting my feelings, and because of that, she has helped me grow as a person and as a mother. I am thankful that I got a 2-for-1 deal when I married her dad. My life would not be the same without her and I love her for that!
August 2001
1 comment:
I miss Haley too! I haven't seen her in so long!
Post a Comment