To preface this post, I must say that I am finished Christmas shopping. This year Black Friday held little draw for me, and I did not "need" to do any shopping. In the past I have gotten some great deals and many times have accomplished all of my shopping in one day. This year I am trying to be more frugal and spend more wisely so I actually started shopping in October.
I have, however, gone shopping at 4:00 in the morning many times and I love it! I love watching the chaos, the craziness, and seeing the clutter around stores.People are sooooo funny when they are still in a turkey-induced state of exhaustion and it is 4am on a holiday.
This year I woke up about 5am and tossed and turned trying to go back to sleep. Believe it or not, Walmart was calling my name! Weird, eh? I woke Paul up and made him talk to me and snuggle with me. When I mentioned that it felt weird to not go shopping, he said, "Let's go!" I really did try to convince him to just stay in bed (I did! You can ask him!), but before I knew it, we had told Haley we were leaving and we were on our way to Walmart.You know the funniest thing about our shopping adventure? We didn't buy one thing on sale! Although we did find somewhere that was selling Rock Band 2 for $22 cheaper than anywhere else. We finally bought Paul a decent desk and Christmas came early in the form of drums and guitars.
The reason I am thankful for Black Friday (at least this year) was it gave me a morning "alone" with my husband. We talked, we laughed, we held hands. He even said, "This was really fun!" I just love him!





No comments:
Post a Comment