I am so grateful for the opportunity (note to self: make the world opportunity plural at some point in time) I had to travel to Europe when I was in college. My mom and I went for an early graduation gift and had the time of our lives! We flew to London, crossed the English Channel to France, visited Austria and Switzerland, and finished with several days in Germany. I truly believe we are blessed when we get to experience what others around the world live like and the stories their history teach us. Here are some highlights of our trip:
The Sound of Music Tour (Salzburg, Austria)
The abbey where Maria lived and was married in on the right.
Dachau Concentration Camp (Dachau, Germany)
I don't think I need to tell you what a moving experience this was for us. Let's just say it is something that I will never forget...
The Swiss Alps (seen from a train between Basel and Interlochen)
I have lived around mountains a good part of my life, and they are nothing compared to the Alps!
Taking trains all across Western Europe! It was so fun!
This particular night we slept in the same car as a gentleman who slept in the nude...Fortunately he was covered with a blanket and we got off before he woke up...
Seeing Les Miserables at the Palace Theater in London, England
Another deeply moving experience!
Seeing Paris, France from the top of the Eiffel Tower
We also enjoyed going to the Louvre and Notre Dame in Paris. We stayed with a dear friend in Amiens for the weekend and took the train into Paris.
Next world travel trip for me...building homes in El Salvador or digging wells in Guatamala or ??? in Uganda with my sister, Mindy. Now that is what I call an adventure!
We also enjoyed going to the Louvre and Notre Dame in Paris. We stayed with a dear friend in Amiens for the weekend and took the train into Paris.






1 comment:
I can't wait to do all of those with you! And maybe on our way to Uganda, we can make a stop in London - I would love to see a play there again!
Post a Comment