Living, Learning, and Laughing with the Lips Family


Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day 15 - Freedom of Religion

I am thankful to live in a country where we have the right to practice our chosen religion. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I am a better person for what I believe and I have sincere hope and faith in the promises and covenants I have made with God.

Having said that, I will now proceed...Why is it that some people are being targeted as bigots and hypocrits who discriminate against people of other beliefs and values systems? We have seen enough persecution in the history of our religion to satisfy me, and we aren't out to return the favor. In fact, we try to live what we teach, we love our neighbors, we serve and care for everyone! If your house was burning down, we would help put the fire out. If your belongings were wiped out in a hurricane or tsunami, we would help rebuild. That is who we are! We have deep faith in God, we believe in the sanctity of marriage and the sacred nature of the family unit! That's it. Period. We all have a right to stand up for what we believe, to vote our conscience, but we do not have a right to desicrate sacred buildings, vandalize personal property, or cause personal harm and injury.

1 comment:

La Ron said...

I am glad that you are posting all the things you are thankful for. It has gotten me to think everyday of something specific that I am thankful for other than the obvious things.